Waterlemon is a premier kids' clothing store in Chicago that sells kids fashion, toys, books, party supplies, etc. We also encompass a super cool café and an indoor play area for children under the age of 5 and party spaces for birthday parties and kids events.
Things to avoid while shopping for baby clothes
- Avoid clothes with potential hazards - Do not buy clothes with unnecessary buttons and complex zips. Children are curious little beings that can easily pullout a loose part of their outfit and put it onto their mouths. Loose buttons and zips pose choking hazard hence stick to cotton tees with skirts or trousers without buttons or zips for everyday wear.
- Don't splurge on fashionable clothes - There are two reasons for why you must not overspend on baby clothes. Firstly children grow out of their outfits in no time, and secondly, kids are not usually comfortable in sophisticated, elaborate fashionable clothing. This is because fashionable clothes can come with patches, extra buttons, zips, etc. which can irritate the baby's skin.
- Avoid elastic clothing - For babies and infants under the age of 2, avoid pants, jeans, skirts, and tees that have elastic at the opening. Kids are incredibly uncomfortable in tight elastic clothing that can further cause itching and redness in the area where the elastic rubs the skin.
Our range of kids clothing is designed, keeping in mind the baby's comfort, safety, and ease of care. Visit our kids' clothing store in Chicago to shop for all kids’ needs under one roof.
How do I shop for Infant clothes?
Do not splurge on baby clothes because babies grow out of outfits quickly. It's also not a good idea to invest in expensive, fashionable clothes. Generally, baby clothing is prone to get soiled and dirty with food spills, which can leave irreversible stains.
Choose baby outfits that are a size ahead of their current age to save on money and to make sure that the baby can wear the outfit for at least 9 to 12 months. Buy baby outfits made out of fabrics such as cotton, cotton-polyester blends, fleece, gingham, etc. These fabrics are soft on the baby's skin and are easy to wash and care.
What clothes should I buy for back to school?
Back-to-school season can drive mothers insane as it involves a lot of kids shopping. Besides schools, supplies, books, and shoes, you will also need new clothes for your child's new academic year. Kids can grow out of outfits fast and wearing the latest and trendy clothes can make your kid more popular in his/her class. Make sure you buy the following outfits for your children's upcoming school year:
- 2-4 new pairs of jeans, hoodies and tights/leggings
- 5-6 short/long-sleeved tops
- 3-4 sweaters
- 3-4 skirts/pants
- 7-8 pairs of socks
- 5-6 pairs of underwear
We have the complete range of back-to-school clothing selection at unbelievable prices. Visit our kids' clothing store in Chicago for fashionable kidswear. Waterlemon also offers kids play stations for photo-shoots. Call us for details.