WATERLEMON IS HIRING FULL & PART-TIME EMPLOYEES!
Waterlemon is a unique concept store in the heart of historic downtown La Grange. We are a multi-faceted business that includes a retail shop, café, indoor play space for children 5 and under, and we’re a party venue! If this sounds like the kind of place you want to work, read below and inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
Creating a fun & safe environment with first-class levels of customer service at all times.
- Executing sales transactions of items within the retail store, café area, memberships, booking of parties, etc.
- Possible light errand running may include bank deposits, pick up/drop off mail and packages, picking up catering, etc.
- Taking inventory, tagging items, inputting information into Quickbooks and/or Shopify, general administrative tasks
- Cleaning of floors, play equipment, toys, tables & chairs, periodic sanitation of toys and café throughout the day, garbage removal to the dumpster and light maintenance of restrooms.
- Preparing coffee and tea
- Willingness to conduct story-time and or other 30-minute recreational activities for members during the week.
Employees must understand and respect the importance of providing customers with prompt service, quality beverages & snacks, assistance with products, and maintaining a CLEAN, comfortable and friendly store environment at all times!
- Must be 21+ due to liquor license requirements
- High energy, outgoing, and have a positive-thinking personality
- Team & detail oriented
- Great communicators
- Thoughtful and creative
- Have reliable transportation
- Are punctual
- Have a passion for children
- Ideal but not required 3 years of previous retail experience
- Ideal but not required 2 years of previous childcare experience
- Ideal but not required CPR certified and/or willing to take a refresher class (will be paid for by employer)
- Willing to be BASSET trained and certified (will be paid for by employer)
- Able to provide 3 professional references
- Barista experience a plus
- Familiarity with Shopify a plus
- Familiarity with Excel a plus
- Follow best practices when dealing with children and parents and do so with patience & understanding
- Come to work every day with safety & cleanliness as top priorities
- Follow all procedures regarding safety, cleanliness, special issues, and emergencies.
- Willing to monitor adults and children in play areas to ensure facility rules are being followed at all times.
- Great communicators with management regarding any issues in the play area or within the play structure.
- Must be dependable and have the ability to take on multiple tasks.
- Must be able to work on your own without supervision.
Pay is commensurate with experience.
Benefits include free food and beverages from our cafe, 20% off retail items, 20% off parties booked for immediate family members, $25 employee gift card for your birthday.